Library to Upgrade Computer Lab
A week after the spring semester ends, UW-Waukesha's library will be upgrading the computer lab in room L108. The new additions will include six new computer workstations.
Senior Academic Librarian, Jane Cavanaugh said, "We're doing this to help better assist the students." Director of the Library, Scott Silet added, "With larger class sizes it's hard to fit everyone in the computer lab; this will help with that."
The funds for the upgrade will come from the $28,000 given to the campus by the IITC (Instructional Information Technological Committee). The library will receive $16,041 of that $28,000, and the rest will be divided up between the biology department, chemistry department, computer center, and physical education.
Not only will there be 24 computers instead of 18, but there will be new chairs and worktables that have a more modern look. Additionally, the whiteboard will be removed, walls repainted, and a student art gallery will be installed. Finally, alternate window shades will be put in place that allow for more air flow. All the furniture and appliances will be purchased from Badger State Industry.
"The library staff will be doing most of the setting up while the grounds crew will be working on electrical and painting. The whole project should take about a week," said Cavanaugh. The library will remain open and the computer lab will be open by the time summer classes begin on May 29.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent UWC Observer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UWC OBSERVER NEWS
RECENT UWC OBSERVER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?